It'z News to Me

The news of the day...and my own peculiar take on it...

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Making Friends...

...where it counts...

Quite frankly, if Jacques Chirac fell into the ocean tomorrow to never resurface I would not miss him...It is long past time that the French arrogance of pretending to world power status disappeared into that ocean as well, so whether or not he's with us matters to me not a whit...

What I do care about is the turning the cesspool that is the Middle East into a peaceful region that doesn't breed killers. And as far as I'm concerned, when you combine the majority in Iraq that thank us for liberating them from Saddam with folks like this individual from Iran, President Bush has succeeded in diplomacy far more than his Europe-worshipping predecessor ever did..