It'z News to Me

The news of the day...and my own peculiar take on it...

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Go Ahead, I Dare You...

...to challenge Bob Dole's bona fides on speaking about Purple Hearts...

The damning money quotes:

"I respect his record - but three Purple Hearts, he never bled that I know of," Dole told CNN's "Late Edition." "They were all superficial wounds."
...
Drawing on those credentials, Dole called on Kerry to issue a public apology for calling his fellow Vietnam soldiers war criminals during his 1971 Senate testimony, telling CNN, "Maybe he should apologize to all the other two-and-a-half million veterans who served. He wasn't the only one who was in Vietnam."

"I think Sen. Kerry needs to talk about his Senate record, which is pretty thin." Dole added. "That's probably why he's talking about his war record, which is pretty confused."

The truth hurts....don't it?