It'z News to Me

The news of the day...and my own peculiar take on it...

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The Captain Spies A Rat...

...sinking the CBS ship....

The Captain clues us in to tonight's ABC report detailing how CBS went "expert shopping" - ignoring the experts who told them the documents were probably forgeries and that they shouldn't run the story.

Like me, he fingers Dan Rather as the villian here, and he says:

Somehow, I think it will lead back to either the DNC or one of the main 527s supporting them. That's why CBS has circled the wagons around the sorry and pathetic figure of Dan Rather.

This fits the pattern I outlined in my comment at CrushKerry and posted here. I'm still of the opinion that it tracks back to either the DNC or the Kerry campaign directly for the reasons I outlined in that post.

Captain also updates with a post from Fraters that provides the list of CBS sponsors. For those of who, like me, think the market should decide the appropriate punishment for CBS' attempted fraud on the public and slander of the president: you know what to do from there...