It'z News to Me

The news of the day...and my own peculiar take on it...

Monday, September 06, 2004

"Tour of Duty"...

...coming to an end...

When your biographer says you need to release your records, it's trouble brewing...

I'd give money to see Tim Russert take on John Kerry about this issue after blatantly lying in an appearance way back in April.

MR. RUSSERT: The Boston Globe reports that your commanding officer, Lieutenant Commander Grant Hibberd has suggested that you perhaps didn't earn your first Purple Heart and question whether you should have left Vietnam after six months. In order to deal with those kinds of issues, when I asked President Bush about his service in the Texas Guard, he agreed to release all his military records, health records, everything. Would you agree to release all your military records?

SEN. KERRY: I have. I've shown them--they're available to you to come and look at. I think that's a very unfair characterization by that person. I mean, politics is politics. The medical records show that I had shrapnel removed from my arm. We were in combat. We were in a very, very--probably one of the most frightening--if you ask anybody who was with me, the two guys who were with me, was probably the most frightening night that they had that they were in Vietnam and we're...

MR. RUSSERT: But you'll make all your records public.

SEN. KERRY: They are. People can come and see them at headquarters and take a look at them. I'm not going to--but I'll tell you this. I'm proud of my service. I'm proud of what we did. I know what happened. And the Navy 35 years ago made a decision and it's the Navy's decision and I think it was the right decision.

Hmmm...and yet here we are in September talking about his record in Vietnam because John Kerry won't do what he promised to do...Flip-flop or cover-up? You decide...

Isn't it interesting that, despite being universally recognized as one of - if not the - best interviewers in the business he has been excluded from the list of moderators for the presidential debates?

Do I think it's an accident? Not hardly...I'm sure the Democrats had to make sure he didn't have to face Russert after baldly lying to his face, so they made it clear that he was unacceptable as a moderator...

UPDATE: Beldar posts about the lack of follow-up on Kerry's military records by the Washington Post