It'z News to Me

The news of the day...and my own peculiar take on it...

Friday, September 10, 2004

"End of the Race"

...says Pat Caddell...

I said much the same thing...

A personal note about Pat Caddell: I first became aware of Mr. Caddell during the run-up to the 2000 presidential election. I watched MSNBC quite a bit in those days, and he appeared regularly to comment on the state of the race.

He struck me then as a strikingly honest Democrat. I described him to a friend recently as a man that I would enjoy talking politics with, but that we would never agree on the issues. He is a diehard liberal in his politics, but of a stripe that I can respect.

I don't have a problem with liberals in general - provided they are sincere in their beliefs. I can discuss the issues, agree to disagree, etc. with folks of this ilk. I even enjoy the discussions. My problem is that the "liberals" on TV aren't sincere. They so obviously don't believe what they're spouting that it leaves me feeling like I need a shower after listening to them.

But Pat Caddell is definitely not one of those people. We don't agree on our politics, but I respect him immensely...