It'z News to Me

The news of the day...and my own peculiar take on it...

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Coalition of Bribed and Coerced Wins...

...in Australia....

Despite Kerry's best efforts, John Howard was re-elected in Australia. I was holding my breath on this one as the loss of Australia from the coalition would have been viewed as a rebuke of Bush's Iraq policy. It's also a strong indicator that Bush will win our own election on November 2nd.

Right up until yesterday, Howard's re-election was in doubt as polls showed a strong possibility of him losing in a tight race. The actual result?

Howard wins 52-47...

That's not even close...and it also happens to be almost identical to the margin which I have been predicting for the Bush victory on November 2nd...

I guess sending Diana Kerry to undermine our Australian ally wasn't such a winning strategy for the Johns after all...

Thank God.